13回答

0收藏

[未分类] 【6月30日更新】2011 心理学申请结果 + 经验汇总帖

申请案例 申请案例 12178 人阅读 | 13 人回复 | 2011-06-14

2011申请结果(不完全统计)

以下仅收集到群友们在聊天时,自发的录取结果

认知:Purdue、Syracuse & HKU、CMU  (本科)、Rice、UCL;York、RUG(荷兰)、马普、IUB、
University of Copenhagen(AD in Cognition&Communication)发展:Tufts U   (master)、GSU、Pittsburgh

统计/测量:University of hawaii、UNT、UT-Austin

咨询:
FSU、PSU

IO:Ohio Univeristy、Hofstra U

forensic:Maastricht   (荷兰)

------------
以下转载某网站上发布的申请结果  
(注:COPSY不与任何中介机构有任何利益关系,转载以下内容,仅告诉大家,这个学校有过录取中国学生的先例)
     毕业学校:河北省某大学
  所学专业:心理学
  基本成绩:GRE 1250,GPA3.7,IBT 100+
  申请结果:北卡心理学博士全奖  (North Carolina State University)

关注下面的标签,发现更多相似文章
分享到:
回复

使用道具 举报

回答|共 13 个

admin

发表于 2011-6-14 01:45:40 | 显示全部楼层

申请经验汇总

申请2011的之所以能有今年的硕果,跟之前各位群友的帮助是分不开的。这也是我们建这个qq群和网站的宗旨。
请大家回帖,或在论坛上发帖,总结自己的经验。

先晒一下faust的牛帖。Faust兄能申请到NYU 认知这么牛的学校,确实有很多地方知道大家学习

以下摘录自faust兄的总结。(全文)

别轻意换方向
   我指的是小方向,比如从听觉换到视觉,那么死定了(个人观点),因为心理学申请竞争很大,好点学校都这样,所以导师更愿收一个合适的,fit非常重要。

套磁
1)是问好老师收不收人,因为一个系里,就两三个老师是跟你做的方向比较相像,他们不收人,挂定了,再牛也没用。
2)算是个提前申请吧,要是人家直接说方向不合适或我不行,就别申了。
3)让他知道你这个人吧。不知别的学科怎么样,好像心理除非你有文章,有关系,一般套都没用,都是说要好像committee过了才能面你,所以大家在这上别太指望了。

------------------
个人点评:
    虽然从录取结果上,很让人垂涎欲滴,但并不是说,你具备了faust那样的实力,就一定能申请到这样的结果。faust提过,他申请了大约20所学校,真正最后给你offer的,我估计就那么几所,可能很多比NYU差好远的学校也会给你rejection。

admin

发表于 2011-6-14 01:46:22 | 显示全部楼层

认知

个人觉得,成功的原因千万个,失败的原因一个就够了当你拿到拒信时,可以写email问问教授,他为啥不招你,是你哪点做得不好。以下是一个例子:

Dear Dr. xxx,

I've received the rejection letter from the department. I know many factors contribute to the admission decesion. Could you give me some feedbacks on which parts I'm mostly lacking of (e.g. GRE, research experience, fitness of our research interest), so that I could make more effort to improve if I reapply?

Here's some of my basic info:
M.A. Educational Psychology, UT-Austin
B.Sc. Applied Psychology, Guangdong University of Foreign Studies
GRE: 540+740

My resume and statement of purpose are attached.
Thank you for your advice!

Jingjie

-------------------第1封 Cognitive Psy at Pittsburgh (有点偏教育) ----------------------
Hi Jingjie,
Thanks for the email. As you know, many factors play a role in making a decision for fit for a graduate program.
In the case of the fit of your application for my lab; relative to some other applications yours didn't have as close as a match to current research interest in the lab (specific topics in transfer and motivation), prior research experience investigating these topics, and evidence of strong technical writing skills (papers, etc.). Your GRE quantitative scores are great and aspects of the research fit are generally good (general interest of cognition, transfer, and motivation) but could be closer. Hopefully this helps.

best,

-Tim Nokes

-------------------第2封 也是 Cognitive Psy at Pittsburgh (有点偏教育) ----------------------
Jingjie

I can't speak for others, but fit is the biggest issue in my case. My lab is now very large and I can only take new students currently that fit into very specific opening in my projects. We typically have a large number of applicants, many of which have a good background, GREs, GPA, and letters. So, fit is what ends up influencing the final selection.

As general feedback, fit in interests is the main thing to highlight in your research letter. Everything else is a little bit of a distraction.

-Chris

-------------------第3封  Engineering Psy at Georgia Tech------------------------------
Hi Jingjie,

I don't know that you were necessarily lacking anything.  Of the students who indicated a primary interest in working with me, I rank ordered them based on their transcripts, GREs, letters of recommendation, and my sense of how well their interests matched mine.  I accepted the top two students using those criteria.

Best,

RC

-------------------第4封  Cognitive Science at IUB------------------------------

Hi Jingjie,
  Phd programs in psychology tend to favor applications who match with a specific advisor.  We don't admit many very qualified students unless there is a clear
person for them to work with (since it is a research-intensive program). It seems like in your application, you might be most interested in working with me.  However, I wasn't accepting new students this year, so that wasn't a possibility.  As a general comment, while I work at the intersection of the "learning sciences" (and have interest in educational applications), I tend to favor applications with an engineering or computer science background.  Your background in Ed. Psych isn't traditional for my lab (which focused on computational modeling and quantitative methods, and increasingly brain science/fMRI).  It seems like you might be better off working in a cognitive/psychology research lab for a bit after your MA to gain the experience necessary to decide if a psych Phd is really want you want to do.  We typically view research experience in the field as a very important part of an application.
Hope this helps!

Todd

---------------
总结:
     从几位教授的口吻,我们可以看出,match with their current research interest,以及有比较relevant的研究经历,是比较重要的。因为他们说好了,到最后,晒下来的人,GRE、GPA都不错,所以就看你的研究经历了。
    虽然不知道,是不是除了认知以外,其他方向也是如此。但也值得大家意识到这些。

admin

发表于 2011-6-14 01:47:04 | 显示全部楼层

1、武大心理学本科申请荷兰格罗宁根大学经验分享

2、12神经@K  5月22日 14:43我也贡献一个吧~这是我最近和wustl的生态和进化联系时,系里的头头回给我的邮件~
    Thank for your interest in our program. We do not require the Biology or any of the subtests for admissions and really don’t pay too much attention to them in detail. Your GREs are near average for our applicants (510, 760) last year. These scores are an important part, but only a part of the criterion used. Grade averages are important as are research statements, and letters of recommendation from mentors. Most applicants for our program have contacted faculty ahead of time to determine suitability of match. We sometimes reject excellent student5s who are not good fits for our program.

虽然不是心理学的,但是教授很明确说了专业match是非常重要的!(我说明了我要申phd)我觉得在这一点上,大多数专业都会是一样的。

所以还是建议大家选校之前要做非常详细的research,明确自己的兴趣,了解对方实验室的研究方向和对学生的要求。看起来是个很大的工程,但是做了一定会有用。鸟枪法看起来短平快,但是可能会浪费很多精力和钱,对自己信心也是个打击。。。

admin

发表于 2011-6-14 01:48:01 | 显示全部楼层

咨询

11咨询@Astrid
我是那个counseling PSU的~ 确实没有研究经验 但是我申请的学校也都是注重实践的 建议大家多多找相关的实习或者工作 当然了 有研究经历更是个Plus 但其实关键不仅仅在于你做了多少事情 更是你从中获得了什么 你对咨询工作是怎样认识的 这个方向为什么适合你 ~~ hope it helps~;)

方向未知
首都师范大学拿到NYU、Boston College等offer
本帖转载自太傻网,请大家尊重版权!!
原帖:http://www.taisha.org/test/interview/201104/20110426095543.htmlhttp://www.taisha.org/abroad/case/201105/20110502131423.html(这2个帖子反映的GRE信息有一点点出入)

申请年份:2011 Fall
申请目标:TOP50毕业院校及专业:首都师范大学申请专业:心理学标准化考试成绩:
  • IBT:99  
  • GRE:1290  +3.0
  • GPA:  3.5/4.0

申请结果:(请列出所有的结果)
  • University of Rochester  综合35     30%的院长奖学金
  • Boston College 综合34  专业18
  • New York University 综合33 专业14

最终选择的学校:Boston College  
(这位师姐放弃了保研北师大的唯一一个名额,选择了出国)
(原帖讨论)

以下是另外一个案例,同样来自太傻,请尊重版权!!
http://www.taisha.org/abroad/case/201105/20110509132056.html

客户姓名:Lee

进入服务时间:2010年10月

毕业院校及专业:中大心理学本科   华南师大硕士

申请目标:综合排名前50

奖学金:TW+$23500=43500美元/年

硬件条件:
  • GPA3.8/5.0 (本科)
  • GRE 1160+3.0    (据某些童鞋反映  她的GRE估计比1160高一点,不到1300的样子)
  • IBT 93

申请结果:
  • New York University(MS,AD);
  • University of Tennessee---Knoxville(PHD,TW+$23500);
  • Claremont Graduate University(PHD,25%TW)

安angel

发表于 2011-6-29 13:08:56 | 显示全部楼层

想请教申到PSU咨询的童鞋一些经验,哪里可以找到TA呢?{:1_1:}

Outsider

发表于 2011-7-11 01:32:06 | 显示全部楼层

小更正一下……RUG是荷兰的……德国学长貌似在Mainz……

点评

:) 马上去改  发表于 2011-7-11 02:13

jessicalmj

发表于 2011-7-23 09:26:54 | 显示全部楼层

admin 发表于 2011-6-14 01:48
咨询
11咨询@Astrid
我是那个counseling PSU的~ 确实没有研究经验 但是我申请的学校也都是注重实践的 建议 ...

这些太傻的案例是真实的吗?

点评

什么“太傻”的案例?  发表于 2011-7-23 09:47

飞の唐

发表于 2011-8-11 13:41:11 | 显示全部楼层

It is very importanat that you really have an INTEREST in the areas you apply!! You're going to do research for 5 years with the supervisor. If you just choose because you want the money and you're not interested, both you and the supervisor would suffer.
So do read their publications and see if you are interested.

飞の唐

发表于 2011-8-11 13:42:44 | 显示全部楼层

My area is cognitive neuroscience. Thoses who are interested can contact me.

艾是脆的

发表于 2011-8-21 05:27:27 | 显示全部楼层

安angel 发表于 2011-6-29 13:08
想请教申到PSU咨询的童鞋一些经验,哪里可以找到TA呢?{:1_1:}

我在PSU没有找TA 如果你说的是在本科学校找实习的话,我是自己先向老师自荐,然后帮忙干活,最后被录用~大概就是这样

艾是脆的

发表于 2011-8-21 05:29:22 | 显示全部楼层

jessicalmj 发表于 2011-7-23 09:26
这些太傻的案例是真实的吗?

嗯 我在PSU了~

冰火之歌

发表于 2011-8-21 21:48:57 | 显示全部楼层