回答

收藏

[选学校] 中科院的一位phd介绍Ohio University

申请互助 申请互助 6332 人阅读 | 0 人回复 | 2011-10-11

Hi XXX,

Actually only my advisor Claudia in the department focuses on judgment and decision making. Frank Bellezza did research on heuristics but he has retired. Jeff Vancouver is more IO oriented. Claudia's research interests are very broad. Currently we are doing studies about intertemporal choice, healthy food choice, argument against unconscious thinking theory, recognition heuristics and related mathematical models.

Yes, I am from China and graduated from Institute of Psychology, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Although it's among the top graduate programs in China, I would say the PhD program at OU is much better than it. The faculties in the department are really nice and helpful to the students. Every year they published papers in good journals with their students. The department is divided into two sections: clinical and experimental. The clinical section is more practice but not that research oriented. The experimental section is a bit small and do not have the area of neuroscience which I think is the most efficient way to publish papers. These might be the reasons that influences the rank. But Overall I am pretty satisfied with my program and advisor. In addition, the experimental section emphasizes the usage of statistics. We have many stats courses and the department encourages students to learn more about math. You may consider this if you are interested in it.

If you want to apply, it's better to contact with Claudia or other advisors to ask whether they accept new students in the coming year. The budget is not good recently and the department accepts fewer students in the past three years. In addition, there are some new assistant professors and they have the priority to take new students.

What's your major?

Best,

Jiuqing

--------
P.S : There're totally 4 Chinese students in the Psy department.

关注下面的标签,发现更多相似文章
分享到:
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

1951 积分
主题
+ 关注